About Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc.
Click any link to jump for more information about our company.
- Our History
- Our Products and Services
- Our Certifications
- 10 Reasons Homeowners Love Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc.
- Testimonials from Happy Homeowners
In 1974, Terry Ernst founded Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc. as a swimming pool construction company. In the initial stages, the company operated out of Terry's house and had only two employees. From this humble beginning came a company that developed a strong reputation for integrity and excellent pool construction.
In 1977, the first retail operation was started when Terry rented 1,000 square feet of space on Warm Springs Road. The following year Terry expanded the business to 3,000 feet by buying the building he rented.
It was during this time that the company became a fully rounded swimming pool company by offering a wide range of service including construction, service, cleaning, and a full line of pool chemicals and accessory items.
In 1985 Terry was awarded the Small Business Person of the Year award by the Columbus Chamber of Commerce. Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc. has become a recognized leader in the swimming pool and spa industry as evidenced by the numerous international awards for swimming pool and spa design.
The company continued to grow and prosper and in 1987 moved to its present location, a new 10,000 square foot building on Whittlesey Road.
Over the years as Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc. has changed and grown, we continue to offer the exceptional services and superior quality that we were founded on.
Products and Services:
Please take a moment to look at the products and services offered by Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc.
- Shotcrete Pools
- Vinyl Liner Pools
- Hot Tubs
- Pool Service
- Renovations & Remodel
- Vinyl Liner Replacement
- Pool Covers
- Commercial Pools
- Pool Supplies and Accessories
10 Reasons Homeowners Love Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc.
- A+ Rating with the BBB.
- Certified Pool Operator on Staff.
- Custom Designs.
- Exclusive Dealer for Hot Spring and Jacuzzi Hot Tubs.
- Extensive Experience - Pool Construction, Service, and Retail staff.
- Free Expert Advice (Stop by our store).
- 40 years servicing the area.
- Retail Stores in Columbus and Phenix city.
- In-house service team.
- Member of APSP.
Associations and Certifications
Aquarius Pools Construction Co. Inc. is proud to be a member of the following associations.
APSP – “The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals”
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
BBB – “Better Business Bureau”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBB On Line Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
CPO® - Certified Pool Operator®
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at http://nspf.org/en/cpo.aspx